Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 16 December 2009

Info Post




Live at Brazil’s Planeta Terra Festival, Sao Paolo. November 7, 2009. Good soundboard.


the igg's comments on how he & james williamson re-connected:

When Ron [Asheton] passed away, we had six shows committed for the summer following. And I had built up such a sort of a mission muscle you could call it, around this group, that I just couldn’t think about quitting or not showing up. It was a “nothing will stop us” mentality that I’d adopted that served us well. So I called James, who had accidentally coincidentally called me that year anyway, and asked if he’d do the fill-in. He turned me down for that but we started talking and he said, “Look I’m about to retire next year… rather than buy a Winnebago, I thought I might go out and do some rock & roll.” So it started like that.

For many years I played Stooges songs with every sort of backup musician and they all had to try to pee on [Ron]. Everybody had to put their mark on the thing. James is just trying to play them like Ron would; he does them his own way.

Iggy & james made one of my favorite records ; "kill city" is unlike any record Iggy ever made before or after.Covered in attitude the production reflected

a dark shade of blacker the same shade as the dope.but no substance could substitute the substance of the songs.flawless kill city stands the test of time and is a perfect document of the times.and james williamson had just as much to credit of blame.

this Sao Paolo gig was the first time the reconstituted Stooges played in front of an audience.

Lineup:

Iggy Pop - vocals

James Williamson - guitar

Mike Watt - bass

Scott Asheton - drums

Steve MacKay - saxophone


Tracklist:

1) Raw Power
2) Kill City
3) Search & Destroy
4) Gimme Danger
5) Cock In My Pocket
6) Shake Appeal
7) Sax Solo
8) Loose
9) 1970
10) Funhouse
11) Night Theme
12) Skull Ring
13) Johanna
14) I Gotta Right
15) I Wanna Be Your Dog
16) Five Foot One
17) The Passenger
18) Death Trip
19) Lust For Life
20) Interview


Iggy Pop (Part 1) - Mediafire
Iggy Pop (Part 2) - Mediafire

**OR**

Iggy Pop - Megaupload

0 comments:

Post a Comment