Breaking News
Loading...
Saturday 7 May 2011

Info Post

Fred handed me this last weekend while I was in his house, and I was excited. I've heard mixed reviews about this new SF band, but everyone agrees that they are...something... and a band that can universally mystify and frustrate both fans and detractors is a band that I want to get behind. Synth punk might be the easy tag, but this keyboard driven punk is another animal entirely, perhaps more in line with late '70s SF art/punk freaks than anything that has come since. The vocals have a distinct BLATZ quality, but they seem aloof and only partially connected to the music they accompany. A carnival thrill ride awaits you, John Waters will be your guide, a trip through the less attractive and more exciting pockets of The City. I love the myriad of music and people that fall under the generous "punk" umbrella in this town, and I love when I listen to a demo and I am more confused at the end than I was before I pressed play. I also love that THE SMELL's version of "Skulls" is even weirder than the one I posted earlier this week.



0 comments:

Post a Comment