Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 26 January 2011

Info Post

I know I've posted a few blind tapes from bands I know little about, or demos that feature few clues as to their origins, but this time all I can offer is a band name, 8 gruff UK punk numbers, and a year. After the blatant MOTORHEAD lift from the opening riff, JDF slow the tempo for most of the rest of the demo and rip through pissed, midpaced and slightly metallic Oi punk jams. There is a mysterious dub/thrash song that works shockingly well, and the last tune is a chaotic burner that is easily worth the whole tape on its own. The vocals throughout are reminiscent of THE BLOOD, but with more fire behind them, though JDF are far more rudimentary than that comparison might imply. I wish I knew something about the band, but aside from the disdain for Maggie Thatcher suggesting that JDF are from England, I have nothing to offer. Nothing, that is, except a demo....enjoy.


0 comments:

Post a Comment