Breaking News
Loading...
Friday 3 September 2010

Info Post

I lifted this bad boy from a chain record store in the mall on a junior high school orchestra field trip back in 198something, and it blew my feeble young mind (though not nearly as much as the HÜSKER DÜ tape I stole the same day). The fine punks at Flipside introduced me to all kinds of great shit on this cassette - a couple of clunkers, but mostly great shit. DICKIES, GOVERNMENT ISSUE, KRAUT, THE FREEZE, F.U.'s and the list goes on...there's nothing like blasting "Master Race" in your headphones while walking to school and not even knowing about the nazi bullshit that PSYCHO were railing against, you just know it fukkn rips and they sound super pissed. I thank the folks at Enigma/Restless subsidiary Gasatanka for making this available to us dumb fukks in the middle of nowhere by distributing these subversive sounds to chain stores, because how the fuck else was 14 year old me, with an asshole for a stepdad and a mom who was preparing to fukking leave me alone with him while she was going back to school two hours away, gonna hear GAY COWBOYS IN BONDAGE sing "Domestic Battlefield" and take solace in the knowledge that someone else was living the same bullshit I was, and learn that the bullshit could be turned into killer punk jams. Yeah, this tape got played a lot while I was a teenager, I seem to remember this and SUICIDAL TENDENCIES Feel Like Shit...Deja Vu were the only two tapes in my Datsun for at least a year.



0 comments:

Post a Comment