Breaking News
Loading...
Monday 22 February 2010

Info Post

A couple of weeks ago while I was laid up after surgery, our friend Jon was visiting from the east coast and dropped this gem off on the bedside table for me.  I thanked him because something that looks this ridiculous and comes from New Jersey circa 1985 is probably going to be a pretty good listen, but I had no idea what I was in for.  Off the charts in the "off the wall" category, THE SIX AND VIOLENCE start their 40 minutes of nonsense with "Hamburger Hairdo" and then continue with "I've Got A Bomb And I Wanna Use It," "Bursting Bladder," "Death To Guidos" and a rager called "Fuck This" that sounds like it was recorded on cardboard boxes. This is goofball hardcore at it's finest here, there's just as much WEIRD AL in these songs as there is SACRED DENIAL, just as much ADRENALIN O.D. as CHRONIC SICK (actually, more ADRENALIN O.D., but I was trying to drop more Jersey references) but after one brief listen I was in love.  Jon, who gave me the tape, confirmed that the band members and their duties in the tape liner notes are indeed accurate...there was one dude who played drums, another who played the cymbals, and they were set up separately.  Jon swears he has seen the photos to prove this, and even so I am skeptical, though who can doubt the idiocy level of the folks who brought us "Fascist Ice Cream" back in 1985?  Certainly not me.


0 comments:

Post a Comment