Breaking News
Loading...
Monday 1 February 2010

Info Post

I posted the Tip Of The Iceberg demo from DEVIATED INSTINCT a few months back, and Slaughter Of Innocents  gave us their early 4 track recordings back in December, so here is the 1985 demo that (perhaps) came between those two recordings.  Many of the same songs from the more primitive early demo (and several also appear on Tip Of The Iceberg as well), but slightly more polished recordings, though these tracks are still raw as hell and brilliant pissed political UK punk.  I love the short blasts of "Eat The Rich" contrasted with vocal only bits like "War" and the longer plodding songs that I almost called proto-crust, but then I stopped myself because that is a ridiculously pretentious descriptor...even though it's pretty appropriate.  DEVIATED INSTINCT material has been floating around for ages, from the tape traders in the 80s to the countless uploads in internetland, but I haven't yet come across this recording (I know it's out there...it's all out there) and, more importantly, they were way ahead of their time and the shit just rules. The dudes are still kicking around in DI and other bands, check them out here.

DEVIATED INSTINCT September 1985 demo

there is about one minute of disconcerting noise at the end of the demo...no clue what it is, but it was on my copy so just in case the band included it on purpose, I included it here... 

0 comments:

Post a Comment