Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday 19 July 2011

Info Post

I am beyond enamored with this Carbondale trio (that;s in the south part of Illinois, for the geographically challenged) - breathy and transfixing "alone in the corner while it's dark and no one is paying attention to you" music. STARING PROBLEM manage to incorporate brooding death rock guitar sounds (think early CURE and CHRISTIAN DEATH) into simple and straightforward midtempo (or slow) jams fronted by a woman who sounds like the singer from the SHANGRI-LAS. This tape appeared in my inbox a few weeks ago, and I was hooked instantly - these songs are full of echo and mystery, and still manage to come off as quirky and energetic. I've used enough adjectives. Thank you to whoever gave it to me. Now it's time for you to listen. 


This tape comes from our friends at Modern Tapes, and based on my lurkings on their simple and humble little website, that label is about to become one of my favorite new discoveries.

0 comments:

Post a Comment