Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 23 March 2011

Info Post

The number of scenes and subgenres and social cliques that make up the various punk scenes in virtually any major city is mind boggling, but I am still sometimes amazed at how great the divide can be. LIVID played at Thrillhouse last weekend, and I felt like a complete outsider all night long, even though I was just a few blocks from my house. It ruled. To be in a room packed with so many people who are completely in their element is amazing, even (especially) when you are out of yours. The bands were good (check out SEX HAIR if you missed it earlier), but LIVID were better than good. Their sultry and aloof approach to writing songs creates a sound that is unlike anything I've heard, even if the songs themselves are presented within the admittedly narrow confines of punk. The opening riff to "Be Kind" is as instantly addictive as anything I've heard since NEON PISS, and they are easily two of my favorite current bands. I imagine Diane will have copies of the tape on the OPT OUT tour, and if you live in the waistline of America, then I suggest you come and get one.


0 comments:

Post a Comment